In this series of blog posts, we are going to discuss some of the things you need to think about regarding social media.
Social media is a key part of your overall marketing strategy. It needs to be in the mix. But it can also be a bear of a full-time job.
Some of the things you need to be constantly on top of include:
- What are the demographics of your current customers? That will define what social channels you should focus on to engage them and retain them.
- Who do you want to attract as new customers? Again, this helps you focus your social media efforts on the right channels to get your message out and find new customers. And it helps you think about what you are posting to get new customers in the door.
- Are you doing B2B or B2C marketing? Makes a big difference on where you want to show up and say.
- Who is going to create content for social media posts and respond to your followers? With some social channels, you will want to be posting daily, where with others you can post weekly. So, think about your content strategy and the cadence that you need to be able to keep up with for each channel. And you have to be active when people respond to you.
- What are the emerging trends and channels in social media that you need to be aware of? Did you know that Pinterest has gone from a “girly DIY” channel to being a destination site for searching for lots of other types of information?
Do you need to be active on social media? Absolutely. But it can also be a bear to build a strategy around, create enough content to feed the bear, and a lot of time to manage the bear.
We will look at some of these in more detail in upcoming posts, but in the meantime, we would love to talk to you about how we can help you build out and manage a social media strategy that fits in to your overall marketing strategy, helps you maintain brand and messaging consistency, and builds your business.