Social media is a great thing.
It gets your product or service exposure for a fraction of the cost (or for FREE) as opposed to traditional advertising. And you need to think about how it can help you.
- You can develop a unique voice that your customers and potential customers will resonate with.
- It is so much more personal than a static ad campaign.
- Listening tools can help you see what your targets and customers are talking about so that you can tailor your communications in a more effective way.
- You can make smarter decisions about how you are talking to your customers about their needs and desires.
- It can help inform the keywords you need on your website and in your metatags to be found more often in organic searches.
- It is the easiest way to keep your messaging current and relevant.
- You have to commit time and energy to managing social conversations.
- You will get both good and bad feedback, and you have to be ready for the difficult feedback.
- If you aren’t responding to posts, review, and feedback, you risk losing customers and creating a backlash of negative feedback or reviews.
It takes a lot of time and diligence to manage social media. Whether it is a Facebook business page, a Yelp page, an Instagram account, Twitter, or TickTock, social media takes time, thought, and a willingness to be present on each channel. Daily, sometimes hourly. It is a 24/7 workload.
Key things you need to consider as you build out your social media strategy.
- What channels are your customers on?
- How much time are you willing to spend on “feeding and managing” those channels? Depending on your products or services, you may need multiple posts a day, a week or a month. And depending on the channel, you will need different content. It isn’t a one and done.
- How can you use great customer feedback to amplify your message? Maybe it is a “customer of the week” profile. Depending on the channel, maybe it is a scheduled posting of your latest “before and after” work. Or your latest product or a sale.
The net is that social media takes time and monitoring to get the most out of the efforts. If you need help figuring out the right approach for you, our team can help you. We can get you up and running, and train you on how to use social media to your best advantage.
And we can help with managing the “care and feeding” of your social presence. Let us know what you want to do and we can help you with both strategy, execution, and managing the care and feeding of your social presence.